Now that summer is in full swing, what will the rest of summer break hold for you? Take time to relax, travel, create memories, and make an impact.
- Reclaim your joy. Things that often get placed on the back burner during the busy academic year can regenerate your spirit. Read for enjoyment, take a photography class, journal/blog, start playing the guitar. Let your interests be your guide.
- Get active. Plan activities that you can do with friends like swimming, biking, hiking, or walks on the beach. Summer days are longer, the sun feels warmer, so get outdoors.
- Unplug and engage with people. Reconnect with friends, family and important people in your life. Face-to face connections are important.
- Get a summer job or create your own small business like lawn-cutting, dog walking, or babysitting. Be empowered by managing your own schedule and save money.
- Apply for an internship to obtain real-world experience, network, and learn.
- Give Back by volunteering this summer within an organization you are passionate about.
- Build life skills. Learn to cook, do laundry, practice money management and budgeting.
- Plan college visits and make time for adventures while traveling and prepare for standardized tests. But remember balance is key.
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to enjoy with the people, places, and things that matter most. Make time for good old-fashioned fun!