Distance Learning at APH
The Academy at Penguin Hall is committed to educating all students through its comprehensive distance learning approach, which launched on March 18 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Faculty and staff continue to support students and families in all ways possible, to respond to student and parent feedback, and to adapt our learning approach to meet the needs of the APH community. Penguin Hall has never been more proud of its innovative staff and dedicated students in embracing this challenging but unique opportunity and finishing the year strong. We will continue to update this page periodically with important updates and helpful resources.
The Penguin Hall Leadership Team continues to update our current and new APH families with important communications regarding our Distance Learning Program.
Penguin Hall has updated its Distance Learning Schedule for the remainder of the school year, based on survey feedback from students and parents.
In March, Penguin Hall began offer its newly-accepted students APH Scholars’ Workshops, distance learning classes that are designed to be informative and a fun way for students to learn new skills and content, build confidence, and prepare to start high school this Fall. The workshops are also a great opportunity new students to connect!
Learning Space & Organization Resources
- 5 Tips to Staying Organized for Distance Learning
- 6 Tips for Students Doing Distance Learning
- How to Design & Organize a Kids Study Room (Spacewise) – Labeled “for kids”, but great ideas for anyone’s space!
Health & Wellness Resources
- Collection of LifeCare resources (including webinars) on managing stress, finances, and family life during the pandemic
- Grown & Flown (a blog and book, from Professional Writers and Moms Mary Dell Harrington and Lisa Heffernan, on family life, mental health, academics, and more)
- McLean (Harvard Medical School affiliate) online mental health treatment programs for young adults and adolescents
- 100 things to do while stuck inside due to a pandemic (USA Today)
APH Campus Minister Brigid Beckman leads the APH community in Daily Reflections and periodic Community Reflections, where members of our community come together virtually to share a reading, reflection, and connection!
APH Community from a Distance
APH House Insta Takeover!
Each week through May 8, an APH House takes over the Instagram stories for fun, connection, and some friendly House Points competition.